Rotary Club of Wilmington
The Wilmington Rotary Club was founded in 1915, the 150th club in the Rotary movement. It is the parent (or grandparent) to numerous other Rotary clubs in eastern North Carolina. The Wilmington club is one of six in Wilmington, and is part of Rotary District 7730. The club celebrated its centennial in 2015.
In the past two years, our club has made donations of more than $65,000 to a variety of organizations including the Legacy Project, a partnership with Wilmington’s Williston Middle School; assistance for adult literacy tutoring through the Cape Fear Literacy Council; child literacy through the Williston Middle School and six of New Hanover County’s public schools; a water supply system for the villages of Coomacka, and Old England, Guyana, in partnership with the Georgetown, Guyana Rotary Club and several other Wilmington-area clubs; assistance to the Rotary Cottage at the N.C. Boys and Girls Homes at Lake Waccamaw; support for the Rotary Wheel Garden at Wilmington’s Greenfield Park; and funding for KIVA Microfunds, which makes small loans to entrepreneurs in developing countries.